Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Appreciation

This week is Teacher Appreciation at school (I work at a preschool).  Every year the parents get together and take a week to pampers us and let us know how thankful they are for us.  Today was flower day.  All the kids brought flowers to put in our vases.  We place the vases outside the room and the children come by placing a flower in the vase.  Our vases were over flowing.  It was so beautiful.  The hallways smelled like Spring.
My thought for today is "show" someone you appreciate them.  I say show because I think actions speak louder than words.  Don't get me wrong telling someone you are thankful for them is great. But when you "do" something, go out of your way to make something happen, I believe that speaks volumes.  More than words could ever say.  The parents tell us all the time that they appreciate all we do, but when they all get together, all 200 families, and decided on how to show us.  The impact is greater.

Photobucket

As you can see the theme this year is under the sea.  The children write on little bubbles what they like about us.  So precious to see their thoughts.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me Valerie!
    Yes I agree it is good to SHOW appreciation in words and deeds.
    So I am writing you to tell you, but also to show you that I am reading and love what you are putting onto Casa Daisy's blog!
    Besitos!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete